CHALLENGE: Commercial and civic projects are finding it increasingly difficult to illuminate their outdoor spaces, due to the heightened scrutiny and restrictions that municipalities place on sources of light pollution. Additionally, the limited choices of "Dark Sky-compliant" luminaires keep luminaire prices artificially high, forcing designers to 'value engineer' outdoor lighting out of the project entirely.
SOLUTION: The solution is BOLLARD LP - the lowest-cost Dark Sky-compliant LED architectural bollard on the market. BOLLARD employs MINIMIS' groundbreaking high-power tiny-aperture LEDs, featured in THUMBTACK LP and 1PUCK LP.
BOLLARD LP employs three MINIMIS-designed (patented-pending) tiny aperture, high-power LEDs, that only consume 1 watt, per LED (3 watts (240 millamps) per fixture).
The minimalist design lends itself well to safety lighting, wayfinding, pathway lighting, and stair assist.
The code-compliant height of 38" enables BOLLARD to double as ICC, NFPA, ANSI A117.1, and ADA SAD compliant handrail or stair assist. Custom heights available at additional cost. Available in site-serviceable surface-mount (concrete anchor), and sub-surface mount configurations.
Ships worldwide. Delivery time to range between 8-12 weeks.
Available in 90º and 120º heads.
BOLLARD LP with 90º head is determined by the International Dark Sky Association as Dark Sky-compliant.
BOLLARD LP with 120º head has not been evaluated by the International Dark Sky Association.
PRICING + AVAILABLE FINISHES:
- mild steel, rusting
- mild steel, cold galvanized (matte silver)
- mild steel, powdercoated any color (custom colors may incur additional charges)
- stainless steel, brushed finish
- marine-grade aluminum, brushed finish
- marine-grade aluminum, powder coated - Contact us for custom finishes.
Ships worldwide. Delivery time may range between 1 and 8 weeks.
Compatible with THUMBTACK LP and 1PUCK LP installations
Consists of three (3) 61° PMMA lenses that are optically superior to glass.
Luminaire Power consumption: 3 watts at 249 milliamps (0.249 amp)
Available LED color temperatures (may vary due to LED binning process):
- Pure white (5800-6300 Kelvin) CRI >80 (Ra)
- Warm white (2800-3200 Kelvin) CRI >80 (Ra)
Light effect can vary, depending upon color of surface, distance from surface, and ambient lighting. When turned off, lens/diode may appear yellow.
IP Rating: IP 67. MINIMIS LED/lens module is tested with prolonged exposure to 0°F (-17°C), and full water-immersion tested, but is not approved for installation in ponds, fountains, pools, or any body of water. Not IP 68 rated. Not UL Listed.
Not included: 12 volt DC power source, landscape wiring, terminals blocks, etc. not included. Recommended power supplies and components found here.
Each luminaire carries a 3-year limited warranty. Luminaire is not warrantied if operated on 12 volt AC, or on constant-current LED drivers, or on dimmers.
While not "Energy Star Certified", our LP line of products conforms to ALL Energy Star qualification requirements for "light-emitting diode (LED) Lighting":
- Brightness is equal to or greater than existing lighting technologies (incandescent or fluorescent) and light is well distributed over the area lighted by the fixture.
- Light output remains constant over time, only decreasing towards the end of the rated lifetime (at least 35,000 hours or 12 years based on use of 8 hours per day).
- Excellent color quality. The shade of white light appears clear and consistent over time.
- Efficiency is as good as or better than fluorescent lighting.
- Light comes on instantly when turned on.
- No flicker when dimmed.
- No off-state power draw. The fixture does not use power when it is turned off, with the exception of external controls, whose power should not exceed 0.5 watts in the off state.
3D SketchUp models available for download.