QUANTUM LP is a quantum leap in architectural LED lighting. The newest addition to the best-selling LP-Series of MINIMIS luminaires, QUANTUM LP is designed for recessed installation into hollow materials and panels up to one inch (25mm) in thickness, or into thicker materials such as concrete or stone. . With fixture dimensions smaller than an American nickel (0.75" x 0.75" (19mm x 19mm)), QUANTUM LP is tiny and unobtrusive, and can be placed virtually anywhere. Patent Pending.
Despite its tiny size, QUANTUM LP is powerful enough to illuminate a single-story wall, yet so small as to virtually disappear into your deck, floor, wall, or soffit. Ideal for in-tile lighting in bathroom, vanity, and kitchen: simply remove a small 22mm square glass tile and replace it with QUANTUM LP, for hidden, elegant decorative lighting. Also ideal as recessed soffit lighting, for wood soffits.
Consisting of hand-milled titanium, QUANTUM LP is suitable for harsh IP67 evironments. Features a minuscule 9mm Ø aperture and precision-milled 58º metallic reflector with sharp cutoff for optimum throw distance and bleed-free beam uniformity.
Ideal for decorative and accent lighting.
First of all, there are many similarities between QUANTUM LP and DOT LP. They have the same fixture dimensions at 0.75" x 0.75" (19mm x 19mm). They both feature precision, hand-milled titanium housings. They are both IP67 outdoor-rated. They both feature seamless interoperability with all LP-Series luminaires. Here are the differences:
1) features a sharp cutoff 58º bleed-free beam angle.
2) features a precision-milled metallic cup reflector.
3) is NOT suitable for up-light orientation in wet locations, due to cup reflector.
1) features an ultra-wide 136º beam angle.
2) with a flat-fronted PMMA lens that is optically superior to glass.
3) is suitable for up-light orentation in wet locations.
QUANTUM LP has been engineered to be fool-proof to specify, easy to install, and offer rock-solid performance. Instead of requiring confusing LED drivers, which require you to know current, voltage, parallel/serial wiring schemes, and capacity per driver, QUANTUM LP has been designed to work - flicker-free - on standard, readily-available 12 volt DC (constant voltage) power sources - from professional, resort-grade transformers, to discarded electronic waste, such as 12volt cellphone chargers, external harddrive power supplies, old laptop power bricks, etc. A simple, easy way to reduce the impact of electronic waste. Consult your LEED professional on how QUANTUM LP can increase your LEED rating.
Installation instructions: Drill - or water-jet - a clean 17mm dia. hole in your target surface. Feed pigtail through hole. On other side of panel, thread included backing thumb-nut onto threaded body of QUANTUM LP, make final adjustments to front bezel of QUANTUM LP, and lightly tighten into place. Connect to a 12vDC power source according to instructions and local and federal electrical code.
Retail price: $125 USD + S/H - Ships worldwide.
The titanium faceplate of QUANTUM LP will appear a medium grey, with satin finish. You can hand-paint the faceplate to match your existing color palette.
Compatible with THUMBTACK LP, DOT LP, and IRIS LP installations
LED Power consumption: 1 watt at 83 milliamps (0.083 amp) at 12volt DC constant voltage.
Available LED color temperatures:
- Pure white (4800 Kelvin≈) CRI >80 (Ra) +/- 100º Kelvin)
- Warm white (3050 Kelvin≈) CRI >80 (Ra) +/- 75º Kelvin)
Light effect can vary, depending upon color of surface, distance from surface, and ambient lighting. When turned off, lens may appear yellow.
IP Rating: IP 67. The MINIMIS patent-pending design features a fully-integrated LED+lens module that is resistant to full water immersion and temperatures beyond 0ºF (-17ºC), however, our LP-series luminaires are not approved for IP 68 (installation in ponds, fountains, pools, or any body of water - occupied or unoccupied).
This fixture is not UL Listed but conforms to UL requirements for extra-low voltage luminaires. Contact us for more information.
Not included: 12 volt DC constant voltage power source, landscape wiring, terminals blocks, etc. not included. Consider our complete LP-Series Power KIt here.
Each luminaire carries a 3-year limited warranty. Luminaire is not warrantied if operated on 12 volt AC, or on constant-current LED drivers, or on dimmers.
Because of open, cup-like reflector, QUANTUM LP is not recommended for up-light orientation in wet locations.
While not "Energy Star Certified", our LP line of products conforms to ALL Energy Star qualification requirements for "light-emitting diode (LED) Lighting":
- Brightness is equal to or greater than existing lighting technologies (incandescent or fluorescent) and light is well distributed over the area lighted by the fixture.
- Light output remains constant over time, only decreasing towards the end of the rated lifetime (at least 35,000 hours or 12 years based on use of 8 hours per day).
- Excellent color quality. The shade of white light appears clear and consistent over time.
- Efficiency is as good as or better than fluorescent lighting.
- Light comes on instantly when turned on.
- No off-state power draw. The fixture does not use power when it is turned off, with the exception of external controls, whose power should not exceed 0.5 watts in the off state.
3D SketchUp models available for download.
QUANTUM LP QULPX