THUMBTACK LP is a groundbreaking landscape luminaire that features the smallest fixture and aperture size on the market, with a fixture diameter smaller than a dime, and an aperture of only 0.4 inch. Patent pending.
Despite its tiny size, THUMBTACK LP is powerful enough to up-light a single-storey building, yet small enough to disappear from view, when off. All light, and virtually no fixture. The black nylon and titanium construction makes THUMBTACK LP nearly indestructible. THUMBTACK LP installs easily into grass, mulch, earth, or hardscape. Simply make a 'pilot hole' in the ground with a nail or rebar, and push THUMBTACK LP's titanium stake into the ground until the luminaire is at your desired height.
THUMBTACK LP is ideal as a luminaire for:
- pathway lighting
- entranceway marking
- moonlighting (mounted in trees, to create moonlight effect)
- inner-glow lighting of spray-like plants
THUMBTACK LP is available in two models:
THUMBTACK LP has been engineered to be fool-proof to specify, easy to install, and offer rock-solid performance. Instead of confusing LED drivers, which require you to know current, voltage, parallel/serial wiring schemes, and capacity per driver, 1PUCK has been designed to work - flicker-free - on standard, readily-available 12 volt DC (constant voltage) power sources - from professional, resort-grade transformers, to discarded electronic waste, such as 12volt cellphone chargers, external harddrive power supplies, old laptop power bricks, and more - a simple, easy way to reduce the impact of electronic waste. Consult your LEED professional on how THUMBTACK LP can increase your LEED rating.
- 1UP: $100 USD + S+H
- 1ANGLE: $100 USD + S+H
Ships worldwide. Delivery time may range between 1 and 8 weeks.
Compatible with IRIS LP, QUANTUM LP, and DOT LP installations
LED Power consumption: 1 watt at 83 milliamps (0.083 amp)
MINIMIS 61° PMMA lens is optically superior to glass.
Color temperature: Warm white (3050 Kelvin≈) CRI >80 (Ra) +/- 75º K)
CRI >95 available in early 2018
Includes a 36" pigtail.
Stake can be removed for installation into wood, stone, concrete, conduit, or inside trees.
Light effect can vary, depending upon color of surface, distance from surface, and ambient lighting. When turned off, lens/diode may appear yellow.
IP Rating: IP 67. The MINIMIS patent-pending design features a fully-integrated LED+lens module that is resistant to full water immersion and temperatures beyond 0ºF (-17ºC), however, our LP-series luminaires are not approved for installation in ponds, fountains, pools, or any body of water - occupied or unoccupied. Not IP 68 rated. Not UL Listed.
Not included: 12 volt DC constant voltage power source, landscape wiring, terminals blocks, etc. not included. Consider our complete LP-Series Power KIt here.
Each luminaire carries a 3-year limited warranty. Luminaire is not warrantied if operated on 12 volt AC, or on constant-current LED drivers, or on dimmers.
While not "Energy Star Certified", our LP line of products conforms to ALL Energy Star qualification requirements for "light-emitting diode (LED) Lighting":
- Brightness is equal to or greater than existing lighting technologies (incandescent or fluorescent) and light is well distributed over the area lighted by the fixture.
- Light output remains constant over time, only decreasing towards the end of the rated lifetime (at least 35,000 hours or 12 years based on use of 8 hours per day).
- Excellent color quality. The shade of white light appears clear and consistent over time.
- Efficiency is as good as or better than fluorescent lighting.
- Light comes on instantly when turned on.
- No off-state power draw. The fixture does not use power when it is turned off, with the exception of external controls, whose power should not exceed 0.5 watts in the off state.
3D SketchUp models available for download.
Photometry files can be found here.